Helping young people develop careers in aviation by offering scholarships to college-level students who are academically qualified and in need of financial support.
The application for the ISTAT Foundation Scholarship is by invitation only and open to a select number of qualified universities. Students must secure a nomination from the university they will be attending during the 2022-2023 academic year to apply for the Scholarship. For more information on university qualification, the candidate eligibility criteria and nomination process, please view the FAQs below.
Are you a former receipient of an ISTAT Foundation Scholarship? Join our ISTAT Foundation Scholarship Alumni Network on LinkedIn!
Qualified universities are invited to submit two candidates, unless requested otherwise, to apply for the Scholarship on an annual basis.
Returning University: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to a form confirm your university's 2022 Scholarship Program nominees. Upon confirmation, you will receive an email with the link to the Scholarship application to share with your nominees. Nominees must submit the Scholarship application on or before Tuesday, 3 May 2022.
New University: If you are a university representative and would like more information about how your institution can become qualified to take part in the Scholarship Program, please complete this questionnaire. Within five business days of submitting the questionnaire, the ISTAT Foundation HQ will email the university to confirm if they are eligible to submit candidates for the Scholarship Program.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate (bachelor's) studies or be enrolled in graduate (master's) or post graduate (doctoral) studies
- Minimum United States Grade Point Average (GPA) requirement: 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale or global equivalent
- Need financial support for university tuition-only fees. The student’s financial need must be noted in the financial aid section and personal statement
- Commitment to a career in commercial aviation
- Involvement in extra-curricular/community activities indicating leadership qualities.
- Candidates must be enrolled in one of the following programs:
- Aviation finance
- Aviation law
- Aeronautical engineering
- Aviation management
- Aeronautical science
- Aviation computer science
- Aviation maintenance
- Airport management
- Air traffic control