Assisting in the development of aviation-focused university students to become part of the aircraft trading industry and generating qualified employment candidates for ISTAT member companies.
The aim of the ISTAT Foundation Internship Program is to assist in the development and education of aviation-focused college students desiring to become productive members in the aviation leasing, OEM, MRO, financing and trading industries. Through this program, the ISTAT Foundation promotes internship and graduate program opportunities at ISTAT member companies to bachelor's and graduate-level students at universities around the globe who specialize in aviation studies.
What's the difference between an internship and a graduate program?
Internships are short-term work experiences offered by companies for current university students to gain entry-level exposure to a particular industry or field. Traditionally, these start in May or June and end in August or September each year.
Graduate programs are designed for recent university graduates as a fast-tracked career pathway into a larger organization or industry. These positions typically last for 1-3 years, and may give more exposure to a range of different job functions within the chosen field.
The ISTAT Foundation Internship Portal is open for students and recent university graduates to apply for internship positions and graduate programs at ISTAT member companies.
Benefits of interning at an ISTAT member company include:
- Reimbursement for reasonable expenses for relocation travel and lodging, subject to certain maximums based on location
- Real-world, practical experience working for industry-leading companies in the aviation finance, leasing, trading, manufacturing and repair sector
- Career development
- The ability for the student to build a network of industry professionals
- Application of classroom knowledge in a work setting
The ISTAT Foundation Internship Portal is open for ISTAT members to post internship positions and graduate programs for the 2021 calendar year. New this year, the ISTAT Foundation is offering Employers two options to promote and manage their positions.
Option 1: Promote your internship position on the ISTAT Foundation Internship Portal, and manage the applications for your position with the ISTAT Foundation via Submittable. Click here to download a step-by-step guide on how to submit, manage and promote your internship positions.
Option 2: Promote your internship position or graduate program on the ISTAT Foundation Internship Portal, and direct students to apply on your company's website.
Note: Only Interns placed through Option 1 are eligible to apply for a stipend from the ISTAT Foundation.
Post Internship or Graduate Position
Benefits of hiring an intern through the ISTAT Foundation Internship Program:
- Gain access to quality candidates from aviation-focused universities across the globe
- Evaluate the intern for potential full-time employment
- Interns contribute new energy and ideas to the workplace
- Interns can provide temporary support to help with projects that cannot be covered by employees
- Develop the next generation of industry experts
- Flexible scheduling to meet the employer's needs
For more information on and assistance with the ISTAT Foundation Internship Program, please contact ISTAT Foundation Headquarters.
Internship Program Committee
The 2021 Internship Committee is comprised of Murrae Ross-Eskell - Chair, Kristen Chmielewski, Bruce Dankberg, Joey Johnsen, Bryan Lange, Ted Lin, Fearghal O’Hanlon, Toby Page and Mahamane Touré.