Helping young people develop careers in aviation by offering scholarships to college-level students who are academically qualified and in need of financial support.
2023 Scholarship Program Update
Please note that the timeline for the 2023 Scholarship Program has changed. The applications will open on 23 January 2023 and close on 3 April 2023. Universities must confirm their candidate names by 13 February 2023. All candidates will be notified of their application status by 15 May 2023.
The application for the ISTAT Foundation Scholarship is by invitation only and open to a select number of qualified universities. Students must secure a nomination from the university they will be attending during the 2023-2024 academic year to apply for the Scholarship. For more information on university qualification, the candidate eligibility criteria and nomination process, please view the FAQs below.
Are you a former receipient of an ISTAT Foundation Scholarship? Join our ISTAT Foundation Scholarship Alumni Network on LinkedIn!
Qualified universities are invited to submit two candidates, unless requested otherwise, to apply for the Scholarship on an annual basis.
Returning University: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to a form to confirm your university's 2023 Scholarship Program candidates. Upon confirmation, you will receive an email with the link to the Scholarship application to share with your candidates.
New University: If you are a university representative and would like more information about how your institution can become qualified to take part in the Scholarship Program, please complete this questionnaire. Within five business days of submitting the questionnaire, the ISTAT Foundation HQ will email the university to confirm if they are eligible to submit candidates for the Scholarship Program.
- Completion of at least two years of undergraduate (bachelor’s) studies or currently enrolled in graduate (master’s) or post graduate (doctoral) studies;
- Applicants must hold an academic ranking within the top 25% (75 - 100%) (United States Grade Point Average requirement: 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale);
- Need of financial support for university tuition-only fees;
- Enrolled in one of the following programs as it relates to commercial aviation: aviation finance, aviation law, aeronautical engineering, aviation management, aeronautical science, aviation computer science, aviation maintenance or airport management. Please note that we do not accept applications from candidates who have a career goal to become a pilot.
- Commitment to a career in aviation; • Involvement in extra-curricular/community activities indicating leadership qualities